Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thoughts Politik

Just a few thoughts and questions about public doings in the not so distant past....

I think I need some clarifying. When BHO was organizing community members against the actions of private companies and governmental entities it was a good thing. Now that BHO is a governmental entity and community members are organizing against his actions...it's a bad thing. My general response to the 'accusations' that folks against the current rush to 'reform' health insurance have been organized by some organization is.... so what?

I'm thinking someone needs to explain to me why it's a bad thing for citizens with a common grievance to organize together to express that grievance. The Secretary of State says that dissent is patriotic. The only relevant part of our current President's resume was as a community organizer. Folks just seem to be trying to follow their examples.

Why aren't we seeing a mad, elbow-throwing, shoving folks around rush of Congress Critters trying to get in line to sign up for this wonderful public option health insurance deal they're crafting together for us? Seems like if was such a good thing, we wouldn't be able to keep them from signing themselves and their families up for it.

I keep hearing that Medicare works...it'll be like that. Okay, maybe...but, why are there supplemental Medicare insurance policies needed if it works so well? As I understand it these supplemental insurance policies are through private insurance companies... will this same type of additional coverage be needed for the public option? Will they be available? Will the combined taxes for the public option and premiums for the supplemental policies be greater or less than what folks are currently paying?

These are questions... unfortunately both my senators seem disinclined to hold meetings where I could ask them. My representative seems to be on the questioning side of things, having publicly asked questions similar to the ones I have.

I have other questions related to the details of this thing but if I spend too much time thinking about it my blood pressure starts to get agitated, so I'll close for now...

..take care .. tim b

No comments:

Post a Comment