Monday, March 23, 2009

Total structural failure....

As I predicted just the other day, the loft toilet suffered a total structural failure during my efforts to replace it today.

The most amazing thing happened. On Saturday, I was out helping take down limbs damaged by January's ice storm. Something over 8 hours of chainsawing, being 30 feet up in the air, 20 pound pieces of wood falling from the sky, unstable tree limbs shifting as they were cut, and holding limbs 4 inches from where they are being chainsawed (thank you Chris for keeping all my body parts attached while we were doing that)...not a single injury.

Today, I managed to puncture myself twice in the short bit of time I was replacing the toilet.

That whole replacing the wax ring, especially the getting all the old wax ring out... the very least fun job ever. Two indispensable items to have... rubber gloves (I wore two pair), I'm thinking the inventor is owed lots of beers. The other, Murphy's Vegetable Oil Soap, it actually does a great job of dissolving the old wax from the wax ring.

It's not quite operational yet. The water supply line is too short to reach to the new tank. Will have to pick up an appropriately sized one tomorrow. I offered to place the old toilet on the front porch to be used as a planter or a seat, it has a cushy type of lid, but Cyrilee declined my offer. I keep trying to live up to the image presented in my profile picture, but she keeps interfering..lots of rules.... no tannerite in the house, no shooting in the house, no toilets on the front porch. How am I ever going to become a proper hillbilly under these restrictions?

Had another encounter with the lunatic bluish birds. Went to the basement yesterday afternoon to retrieve some firewood from just outside the garage door. When I opened the door between the garage and the basement I saw something flying around in the garage. Before I could close the door it flew into the basement. Took me a bit to herd it back into the garage and through the now open garage door.

I got smarter... before I got on the treadmill today, I moved some boxes around so that when I got off, deprived of the proper amounts of oxygen levels in my brain, I wouldn't run into the stairs again...I'm thinking hitting it in the same place twice would more than double the pain.

..take care... tim b

No comments:

Post a Comment